Saturday, August 2, 2008

Best/ Worst Dressed @ teenStyle grand opening

There was plenty going on at the launch of teenStyle last night, the actual magazine not being one of them. Anywhoo, the fashions ranged from cute and pretty to bizarre and fugly. Here's my favourites... and least favourites.

BEST DRESSED:

Style_Magazine, hannah-denise (me!), model-selena

Style was wearing her signature monochrome and wasn't even really sticking to her own "teen flair" dress... but I still loved what she wore, which is saying something because usually she looks pretty hideous in her boring suits and silly ballgowns. Still- I wish she would sort her make-up out! The lipstick is awful!

Then there's yours truly in my grecian- inspired number doing what little I can with my small and limited wardrobe. I think I looked pretty good!

I really liked model-selena's outfit as well. The nude- beige dress is bang-on trend, and my only concern is the fact that she looks almost gift-wrapped and like a little parcel with the bow, but I let that pass. Shame about the birds nest on her head too...

RISKS THAT PAID OFF:

Britneys07, springate, chicago3


Britneys07 was certainly the belle of last night's ball and everyone was in awe at her stunning and unusual choice. Going for a "moulin- rouge" theme, I certainly think she looks divine, and I love the off- shoulder detail on her dress!

springate arrived fashionably late [although still not as late as the actual mag... well, front cover] and was sporting about 10 LBD's on top of one another. Did he pull it off? I think so, although the feather boa? Slightly trannylicious... but this is springate after all!

I wasn't convinced when I first saw chicago3's outfit. She was certainly begging people to take a look, but... yeah. It has grown on me, although I can't stand the little pink and grey bustier that's peeking out of the top.

RISKS THAT DIDN'T PAY OFF:


Kahlen08Heiress, Allison.Heart

Oh, Kahlen, Why? You are not a pirate! Sure, I love the trousers, and even the puffy- sleeved voluminous blouse. But the pirate vest? Why must you do that to yourself?!?! And don't get me started on the make-up and hair! Can you say hot mess...?

Allison.Heart has a good idea with the red Rose McGowan dress but she just can't pull it off. The clutch looks to informal with the dress... and underneath! Brown clunky platforms! Why!!!????

1 comment:

Britney said...

OMG! Thanks so much for your kind words! I was stumbling around the internet and came across this! You are too kind! Keep up the amazing work!

--Britney--